Guide to Downloading Multiple Alternative Media Files from bSpace to your Personal computer
Follow these steps carefully:
- Proceed to http://cyberduck.ch/
- The next step depends on whether you have a PC or a Mac.
If you have a PC, follow these steps:
- Select the PC install link on the right column (Cyberduck-Installer-4.1.2.exe) (Please note: This link includes the version number, which may change).
- Download and then install the program.
- Select the Mac install link on the right (Cyberduck-4.1.2.zip)(Please note: This link includes the version number, which may change)
- Download the program to your computer.
- Double-click to unzip the file.
- When the file is unzipped, drag the contents of the folder to your applications folder.
- Go to the bSpace website and login.
- Click on your "DSP Alternative Media" workspace tab.
- Click the "Resources" link on the table to the left.
- Click the link named "Upload-Download Multiple Resources."
- A page of information will appear. Read through this page until you see/hear step 1 and locate the URL that this step asks you to copy, and copy it to your computer's clipboard.
- Open the Cyberduck program you have just installed.
- Click the "Open Connection" button.
- A new window should pop-up. Do the following in this new window:
- Under the connection type pull down, select WebDAV (HTTP/SSL).
- Under the "Server" text field box, paste the URL you just copied from your bSpace.
- Uncheck the "Anonymous Login" check box. Note: once you do these new fields appear. Screen reader users should shift tab to find these fields.
- Enter your bSpace username in the "Username" text field box.
- Enter your bSpace password in the "Password" text field box.
- Click connect.
Please note: That if you receive any future files, you will need to do this procedure again to download those files. As well, you may do this for any bspace that you are a member of, but the URL in step 7 will change for each different workspace.
Tested on Cyberduck build 4.1 (8911)